Updated Effective Date:
September 28, 2022.
Snow Bound Outfitters (“Snow Bound,” “SB”, “we,” “us,” or “our”), is committed to protecting
your privacy and your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns about this
privacy notice or our practices with regard to your personal information, please contact us
This privacy notice describes how we might use your information if you visit our website at
www.snowboundoutfitters.com (“Website”) or engage with us in other ways including events,
services including, but not limited to, events, marketing, sales and rentals.
The purpose of this privacy notice is to explain to you in the clearest way possible what
information we collect, how we use it, and what rights you have in relation to it. If there are any
terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services
immediately. Please read this policy carefully as it will help you understand what
information we collect and what we do with it.
I. Information We Collect
We collect personal information that you voluntarily disclose to us when you use our Website,
express interest in obtaining information about us and our services and products, when you
contact us and participate in any activities related to our Website and/or Services. For example,
when you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device,
including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies
that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information
about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred
you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this
automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an
anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies,
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address,
browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how
you browse the Site.
In addition, when you pay for a rental or make a purchase or attempt to rent or make a purchase
through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address,
shipping address, payment information (including credit/debit card numbers, associated security
codes and/or other payment data and information to process payments through PayPal, Shop Pay,
Apple Pay, Google Pay, and/or Amazon Pay), email address, and phone number. We refer to
this information as “Order/Rental Information.”
Device Information and Order/Rental Information.
II. How We Use Your Information
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment
of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes
described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our
legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your
consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing
grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive to do the following:
- Post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Website that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the content of the testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at email@example.com And be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Website.
- Enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user's consent.
- Manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
- Send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about change to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- Fulfill your Contracts with us. We may use your information to enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- Respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Website. When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
- Deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- Respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- Send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Website, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
III. How We Share your Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties as described above, with your consent, to
comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill our business
obligations, and achieve and protect our legitimate business interests.
- Shopify. We use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Consent. We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract. Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this privacy notice. Affiliates include our parent company and any subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions
IV. Do Not Track Controls
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-
Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to
have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no
uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized.
As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that
automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online
tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a
revised version of this privacy notice.
V. Third Party Websites
We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers
who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our Website. The Website may contain advertisements
from third parties that are not affiliated with us and which may link to other websites, online
services or mobile applications. We cannot guarantee the safety and privacy of data you provide
to any third parties. Any data collected by third parties is not covered by this privacy notice. We
are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third
parties, including other websites, services or applications that may be linked to or from the
Website. You should review the policies of such third parties and contact them directly to
respond to your questions.
VI. Storing Your Information
We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy
notice unless otherwise required by law.We will only keep your personal information for as long
as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is
required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). When we
have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your
personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your
personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
VII. Keeping Your Information Safe
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to
protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards
and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or
information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or
guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to
defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although
we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to
and from our Website is at your own risk. You should only access the Website within a secure
VIII. Your Rights
Based on the applicable laws of your specific jurisdiction, you may have the right to request
access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in
some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please
contact us at email@example.com. Note that we may retain some information in our
files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms of
Use and/or comply with applicable legal requirements.
Cookies and similar technologies. Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by
default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and
to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect
certain features or services of our Website. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by
advertisers on our Website visit http://www.aboutads.info/ choices/.
Opting out of email marketing. You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at
any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting
us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email
list — however, we may still communicate with you, for example to send you service-
related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to
respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes. To otherwise opt-out,
you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IX. Contact Us
For more information about our privacy practices, or if you have questions, please contact us at